The strategy for managing project stakeholders defines the approach that will be used to engage and manage stakeholders for a project. The approach that is taken should match the needs of the organization and the characteristics of the project.
Describe the strategy that will be used to manage stakeholders for the project.
- Describe the purpose of a stakeholder management strategy. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Describe the methods that will be used to identify project stakeholders. (3–4 paragraphs)
The stakeholder management plan defines the specific ways that stakeholders will be engaged and managed for a project. It typically starts with a list of internal and external project stakeholders along with a description of their respective roles and expectations.
Develop a stakeholder management plan for the project.
- Describe the people, groups, or organizations that comprise the project stakeholder community. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Describe the organizational position, project roles, and expectations of each stakeholder. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Prepare a Stakeholder Register.
(Expand on the Stakeholder Register created in the Project Charter.)
|Organizational Position||Role in Project||Expectations|
Stakeholder analysis is a technique for determining the level of interest and power each stakeholder has in the project. Project success is directly related to meeting stakeholder needs. Understanding which stakeholder has the greatest level of interest and power in the project facilitates engaging stakeholders at appropriate levels and managing project communications.
- Describe the level of power and interest each stakeholder has in the project. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Describe each stakeholder’s potential impact on the project, based on power and interest. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Prepare a stakeholder power/interest grid for the project.
A stakeholder engagement strategy is a planned approach to ensure that stakeholders are fully involved in project activities appropriate to the level of their interest and influence. Managing stakeholder engagement involves processes designed to meet stakeholder expectations through effective communications and timely issue and conflict resolution.
Apply strategies for effectively managing stakeholder engagement for the project.
- Explain how stakeholders will be engaged in the project on an ongoing basis. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Describe strategies for managing stakeholder expectations. (3–4 paragraphs)
Communications planning may present significant challenges, especially when the project team and stakeholders are global, virtual, multinational, and multicultural. Communications planning for a stakeholder community of this nature must account for the diversity of the participants and differentiate communications methods between internal and external constituents.
- Describe the approach that will be used to determine stakeholder communication needs for the project. (3–4 paragraphs)
- Describe the methods that will be used for ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholders. (3–4 paragraphs)
(Add the Stakeholder Communications Requirements.)
|Organizational Position||Role in Project||Expectations||Communications