- A policy informatics analyst is a person who is positioned to actually execute
a policy informatics initiative.
- The standard view refers to the well-known questions and methods of verification,
namely whether the code does what it is supposed to do and whether there are
any bugs, and validation, namely whether the outputs (for given inputs/parameters)
resemble observations of the target, although (because the processes being modelled
are stochastic and because of unmeasured factors) identical outputs are not to be
expected, as discussed in detail in Gilbert and Troitzsch (1997).
- Validating a simulation against empirical data is about comparing “the real world” and the simulation output; it is comparing what you observe as the real world with what you observe as the output.
- Formality is the degree to which a model is built in a precise language or system.
- In recent years, agent-based simulation has gained momentum as a tool allowing the
computer to simulate the interactions between a great number of agents.
- ____________ is a field that develops and applies computational methods
to study complex systems and solve problems related to complex issues.
|Modeling and Simulation|
|Databases and Spreadsheets|
|Cloud Technology and Platforms|
|Neural and Sub-Neural|
- System dynamics was first developed in the second half of the_________by Jay W. Forrester and was further developed into a consistent method built on specific methodological choices.
- A simulation model is a _____________that captures the behavior of a real-world system and its input and possible output processes.
- A social network consists of ________ representing individual actors within the network and ties which represent relationships between the individuals.
- A stream of research that focuses on moral and political dimensions of technology and technology design is called__________________ .
|Value Sensitive Design|