- Your submission needs to include the following:
- Double-space, 1” Margins, 12 pt Times Roman font,
- no spelling errors, no passive voice.
- you need to consult: 1 PRIMARY SOURCE AND 3 SECONDARY SOURCES for each of the pictures. No websites (some academic such as .edu and .org are acceptable.)
- You must cite these sources within the body of the paper
- supply a works cited page for EACH PICTURE. MLA or Turabian format is acceptable.
- This project needs to be 2000 words.
- For each of the pictures, there are 3, you are to supply a historical analysis for each picture.
Your analysis needs to include the following elements:
- provide a brief introduction with a clear thesis statement in which you state WHAT THE PICTURE REPRESENTS AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT BASED ON THE PICTURE.
- Describe what you see in the picture. Also, include the author or publisher of the picture, if there is any.
- Historical context: what was going on that prompted the cartoon?
- **Use your sources to tell a story…. ****
- Tell me: who, what, where, when, why, how about the background about the situation.
- Tell me: what were the effects and long-term outcomes
- Restate your thesis
- Restate or summarize your main points
- Provide YOUR REASONING AS TO WHAT THE PICTURE MEANS TO YOU and what this picture meant to the people in the PAST.
1. “The Critical Period”
2. Westward Expansion / Manifest Destiny
3. “Bleeding Kansas.”