use book use book
American Government VST Interactive OpenStax
Glen Krutz, Sylvie Waskiewicz
imagine that you’ve applied for an internship with your local Senator but there are many other people competing for the position. In order to determine the best person for the job, the Senator wants to determine how much each potential intern knows about the U.S. electoral system.
Create an 18- to 20-slide presentation to illustrate your knowledge about the U.S. electorate, campaigns, and political parties. Your presentation must include the following:
- The purpose and functions of political parties in the United States
- The various ways U.S. citizens can participate in the campaign and election process
- The function and purpose of caucuses and primary elections in political campaigns, particularly in the presidential election process
- The role the national political party conventions play in the presidential election process
- The presidential general election campaign process, and the important factors and events that influence it
- The role the media (TV, radio, internet, social media) plays in modern political campaigns
- The role and influence of money in the modern political campaign
Include photos, illustrations, videos, or audio clips, as appropriate. Document the source of each media item you include in your presentation.
Include citations for all unoriginal ideas, facts, or definitions in an APA-formatted reference list. Do not use Wikipedia, Quora, Yahoo Questions or other crowdsourced websites as references.
Format your assignment as an 18- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes in a separate word document.
Submit your assignment. Click on the Submit button; scroll down until you see “Use this space to build your submission” and click on the Add Content button; from the dialogue box that appears, select the plus circle icon on the far right of the menu bar; from the drop down menu select insert local files; select save on the pop up box. If your Originality Report score is more than 25% you must edit your submission and resubmit.