In this final assignment for your course project, write a paper in which you synthesize all of the previous assignments and incorporate revisions based on instructor feedback you have received throughout the course.
In the overall paper:
- Evaluate research in a major content area of policy or legislation related to children and adolescents.
- Analyze how social, political, or public policies and legislation impact the daily lives of children and adolescents.
- Analyze child and adolescent developmental research to examine the consequences of policies and legislation that impact child or adolescent development in relation to your chosen topic.
- Apply policy research to child and adolescent developmental issues in the context of Bronfenbrenner’s systems theory framework, or another relevant theory, in order to analyze how policies will impact children and adolescents.
- Synthesize information about policies and legislation related to your chosen topic with selected child and adolescent developmental issues.
- Develop best practices or policy recommendations on behalf of your chosen child or adolescent issue.
- Participate in advocacy action based on your chosen child or adolescent topic and related policies and legislation.
- Apply the feedback from your instructor on your assignment in Unit 8 to revise your draft description of proposed advocacy actions.
- Describe your goals, or what you hope to accomplish by your advocacy.
- Describe completed or planned actions.
- Describe any follow-up plans.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the chosen advocacy actions.
Prepare a final paper that includes the following sections, in this order:
- Title Page.
- Table of Contents.
- Introduction (1–2 pages):
- Identify the topic you have chosen and explain why you chose it. What do you hope to learn from this paper? Base your writing on the Unit 3 assignment, Topic and Policy or Legislation Selection.
- Literature Review of Topic, Policy or Legislation (1–2 pages):
- Review the literature related to the topic you selected.
- Review the literature related to the topic you selected. Analyze how policy or legislation impacts child or adolescent development.
- Theory and Synthesis (1–2 pages):
- Apply theory related to the topic and legislation or policy. Basing your writing on the Unit 5 assignment, apply Bronfenbrenner’s systems theory or other relevant theory.
- Synthesize policies and legislation in relation to a selected child and adolescent developmental topic in the context of Bronfenbrenner’s systems theory framework, or other relevant and child and adolescent developmental research.
- Recommendations and Best Practices (1–2 pages):
- Given policy research and your developmental knowledge of theory and research, make policy or best practice suggestions for improving the lives of children or adolescents. Offer recommendations based on the research and knowledge you have gained to show how child and adolescent developmental issues and outcomes can be improved upon. Base your writing on the assignments in Units 3, 5, and 8: Topic and Policy or Legislation Selection; Analysis of Legislation or Policy and Theory with Topic; and, Advocacy and References.
- Advocacy (4–5 pages):
- Explain your plan for advocacy and any actions taken. What do you plan to accomplish by your advocacy? What have you learned or hope to learn as a result of this advocacy? Base your writing on the Unit 8 assignment, Policy, Legislation, and Advocacy Proposal.
- Summary and Conclusion (2–3 pages):
- Summarize what you learned and draw your own relevant conclusions.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your sources and citations must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting. Refer to the Capella Writing Center for more information.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 8 sources.
- Length of paper: 15–20 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.