https://nurselite.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Plogo-1.png 0 0 Peter https://nurselite.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Plogo-1.png Peter2021-08-12 19:02:522021-08-12 19:02:52Essay
Please do a good essay with no plagurism ( its my final year 🙂
Final Essay Questions
- Chart the historical pattern of income inequality for a specific country (other than the United States) using either a top earner or a GINI measure. How do you explain the empirical pattern that you see? Which political and economic factors account for the changes in income distribution over time?
- Examine the Forbes billionaires list for 1996 and 2014 or 2019. Describe how the list has changed over time. How do you explain these changes?
- Assess the following statement using empirical examples: “In the era of globalization, governments have lost their ability to stem the tide of rising inequality.”
- Why is there a significant statistical correlation between inequality, on the one hand, and various health and social problems, on the other? Is this correlation merely a coincidence or is there a theory that can explain it?
- What is the relationship between financial crises and inequality? Address the question with reference to two empirical case studies.
- To what extent is inequality to blame for the growing wave of populism over the past decade?
- To what extent do recent transformations in the distribution of wealth and income threaten the stability of the Chinese political system?
- Is migration the solution to global inequality?
- Has the rise of emerging markets altered the distribution of power and influence in global affairs?
Word count: 3,500 words (including footnotes, but excluding bibliography/reference list).